Wednesday, June 6, 2012

RANDOM PERFUME PICKS - DAY SEVEN - ONE MORE PICK

LORELEI - EN VOYAGE PERFUMES BY SHELLEY WADDINGTON - ODYSSEY COLLECTION - NEW LAUNCH


Photo credit: Shelley Waddington - En Voyage Perfums

Official olfactive notes: fresh green notes, Lilac, Wisteria, Violet - Jonquil, Daffodil, Lily, sheer musk.

I have to confess, I did not pick from my box of samples. It arrived today, so I actually picked from the mail box without knowing what it was...so it must count, no? Besides, we are talking about purple-ish fragrances today...

Lorelei is a flowery fluid fragrance that does not contain bamboo, lotus, sea water or any kind of note that you have already found in floral aquatic perfumes. Instead, you will find a purple shower of delicate flowers such as Wisteria, lilacs and violets, but the watery sensation is there, I promise you.
Daffodil and Jonquil are types of Narcissus and they bring to this fragrance a beautiful sheer green freshness and a springy facet to it. They also bring a whiff of narcotic floral top notes - but it mellows down quickly (which is a good thing IMO, because i like close to skin fragrances more than loud ones).

Random thoughts: I must say that I love almost all fragrances created by Shelley but this is one of my favorites so far. Funny thing is, that also browsing today for Chanel runaways, I discovered that one of my favorite Chanel's collection by Karl Lagerfeld so far - the resort 2013, it is 100% Lorelei material:



Photo credit: Elle magazine/Chanel

A modern/sci-fi Marie Antoinette! 
Both Largerfeld & Waddington are offering violet delicacy with a modern touch. Young, cheerful but not childish. 
You will find Shelley's Lorelei more discrete thou...but as fantastic as Chanel's futuristic French queens...
BRILLIANTLY done my lady!!!


More beauties by Shelley : Makeda, Pêche Noir

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...